Indications for usage:
- Colour in water (ferric iron).
- Clay (fine grey matter, feels like mud).
- Large amounts of sediment.
- Effectively removes Iron bacteria*.
- Effectively kills Ecoli/Coliform and most bacteria with a 20 minute contact time with chlorine.
- Presence of organic materials including tannins.
- High sulphur content.
* Iron Bacteria
- A common nuisance in wells.
- Not considered a health hazard.
- Leaves slimy deposits of red iron hydrate on pipes, fixtures, etc., can corrode and or clog pipe and plumbing.
- Often produce unpleasant taste and colour described as swampy, oily/petroleum, cucumber, sewage, rotten vegetation and musty.
- Causes yellow, orange, red or brown stains and coloured water.
- Appears as a feathery growth noticeable in toilet tanks.
Hydrogen peroxide systems
- Operates the same as a chlorination system, with or without a retention tank, if direct injection to well.
- Uses direct injection to chlorinator from Hydrogen peroxide container eliminating a solution tank.
- Speeds up oxidation , only needs 2-3 minutes contact time with peroxide.
- Systems are generally more costly but more eco friendly.
- Both systems require consumer testing using test strips to ensure accurate reading of proper mixture of chlorine or hydrogen peroxide.
Back to Top
"Serving the Northumberland Area and Beyond Since 1991"
(905) 377-9981 1 (800) 363-8610